4 days tour in the desert from Marrakech to Fez through the desert of Merzouga, this tour will allow you to discover the great south-east of Morocco and its magnificent kasbahs and enjoy the most attractive areas of the Moroccan desert. As well as the visit of the Kasbah Ben Haddou and film studios in Ouarzazate, visit the gorges of Dades and Toudra, sleeping in a desert camp under a Berber tent.
- Enjoy the beautiful landscapes between Merzouga and Fes
- See the barbary Monkey in the Cedar forest of Azrou
- Drive through Ziz gorge and its palmgroves
- Take a short walks in Dades and Todra Gorges
- Drive the Tizi n Tichka Pass of the High Atlas Mountains
- Visit the UNESCO worlde heritage site of Ait Ben Haddou
- Pass Ouarzazate and visit Film Studios and Taourirt Kasbah
- Camel ride for sunset and sunrise, overnight in Tents
Program details :
1 Day 1 : Marrakech - Telouet - Ait Ben Haddou - Ouarzazate.
After breakfast, we will leave the Riad in the direction of the south crossing the high mountains known as the High Atlas or Tizin Tichka, with a height of 2260 m. We can also visit the village of Ouarzazate and Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou. Dinner and accommodation at the Riad in Ouarzazate.
2 Day 2 : Ouarzazate - Dades Gorges - Todra Valley - Desert of Merzouga
After breakfast, we will go to the Ouzina desert and visit the palm grove and the Toldra Gorge. We will cross Berber and Arab cities such as Erfoud and continue our way to Ouzina. Dinner and overnight at the Kasbah Riad Porte du Sahara (an unforgettable night).
3 Day 3 : Exploring Merzouga area
A free day in the desert to enjoy its calm and visit the city of Ouzina and its surroundings, opportunity to take a ride with the Quads at your disposal, afternoon excursion to see the sunset in the middle of the dunes of the Erg Ouzina. Berber musical evening in the dunes under a sky lit by the stars and the moon. Dinner and overnight in Haima.
4 Day 4 : Merzouga - Rissani - Azrou - Fez
After having breakfast, camel trek back to the hotel at the dune line for a quick shower. We drive towards Fes, we stop on the road to enjoy the panoramic views over the Ziz valley before we cross the High Atlas mountains again. We stop by a town called Midelt where we’ll have lunch. We pass Azrou then Ifrane and its huge cedar wood forest to see the monkeys. We continue to the legendary city of Fes.
- Transport in 4×4 or Minivan with driver / guide (fuel included).
- Overnight in the desert camp (tent, mattress and blankets are provided).
- Kasbah entrance fees.
- Half-board hotels: Dinner and Breakfast
- Camel ride for sunset and sunrise.
Not included :
- Personal expenses.